For is today's newest release of audio artist, microelectronic musician Alva Noto. The album was released on the label Line: limited edition of 1000 copies.
Before examining sound Carsten Nicolai was engaged in landscape design, his works were exhibited in museums and galleries all over the world. Nowadays he joins visual and sound textures together for his minimalistic hi-tech installations. Alva Noto's music is the winding canvas of various clicks, tone signals and noise... Each track of this CD is dedicated to a concrete person:
1. counter - for elfriede jelinek - 2005
2. transit - for suchan kinoshita - 2005
3. station remo - for tvpow (contains samples of tvpow) - 2004
4. gulf night - for peter roehr (contains samples of peter roehr) - 2004
5. flashforward - for ernie and bert - 2005
6. jr - for katsushika hokusai - 2000
7. odradek - for jhonn balance - 2004
8. wall anfang - for jeff wall (contains samples of jeff wall) - 2000
9. alva noto.z1 - for john cage (contains samples of ulrich krieger/burkhard schlothauer/reihnhold friedel)- 1999
This music has one general concept - slight sound textures in the form of liquid sound stream twisting before your eyes, it changes its color and microstructure. There are no distinct rhythmic sections, not rhythm but transformation of amorphous sound stream reigns in the compositions of the album. Each separate sound has rather simple structure, but each track is a complicated, wonderful sound picture.
- Alva Noto